1.06.2014

Don't Make Me Blush


 

                        

 






It's old-meets-new over here in my closet. I'm rediscovering this ballerina skirt of yore, and I'm totally in love with my new anorak coat (a black Friday steal which became a Christmas present.) It's chic in an effortless, casual sort of way, which I think is great.

The over-sized raglan sweater is from a few seasons ago, but I'm having trouble parting with it because it reminds me of London. I told myself if I wanted to keep it, I’d have to find three new ways to wear it. Usually I'd shy away from this sort of silhouette – since I’m short, pairing bulk with bulk can make me look stocky – but the anorak's vertical lines even everything out. Lucky for me, cranberry and pink pair well with forest green!

Maybe it's the heart locket talking, but I'm starting to think this outfit might resurface around Valentine's Day...


Anorak: Old Navy
Sweater: H&M 
Skirt: DKNY
Blouse: thrifted
Boots: thrifted
Locket: unknown
Necklace: American Eagle

No comments:

Post a Comment